Wednesday, October 19, 2011

If I could write out my own dream...

Day 23 - A song you want to play at your wedding 

I know this is stupid but you all have to promise me you will not use this song on your wedding day, otherwise I can't use it.  Principle my friends, principle...

So this song is short.  Only 1:08.  But it's the best 68 seconds to ever fill my ears.  It ends and I literally feel pain because I want so badly for it to keep going.  I'll put the lyrics here just because it's that great.

If I could write out my own dream
For the next time that I sleep
You'd be the first one that I see
And I the last one that you dream

And the dream would go on and on 
While we sway against all things thrown our way
And the morning would be so cruel
When it came with sunshine and warmth to blame
For announcing the end of my sweet dream
For announcing the end of my sweet dream

I watched an interview where he said that he gets lots of people telling him to write more and he's tried but nothing is good enough for this song.  I believe it.  This song is perfect.  The perfect dream.  Where even the most wonderful things, like sunshine and warmth, are still not as beautiful as the love he has for this person.

Yeah, this song is perfect.  Go listen to it and please don't steal it!

Love and Rockets,

Rodney

 p.s. I have a pretty wicked awesome best friend.

1 comment:

  1. As Nostradamus said "That song in the future, written by some gentleman that shall be called Greg Laswell, is like life: if you don't pause to concentrate and enjoy it, it'll be over before you know it..."

    ReplyDelete