Monday, September 5, 2011

Your boldness stands alone among the wreck

Day 20 - A song you listen to when you're angry
Little Lion Man - Mumford and Sons

I don't actually get angry very often.  I don't have an uncontrollable temper, I can stop myself before I do get angry.  Honestly I haven't been angry in a super long time.  So when I had to think of a song I listen to when I'm angry, I couldn't think of one.  Instead I thought to myself "Self, what song sounds angry?" And this one was the first one to come to mind.  It's so full of self loathing and hatred.  I LOVE it.  When I have a song in my library that is full of swear words I will usually delete it.  But for some reason when he swears in this song I like it.  I know, it's horrific!!  But he says it with such passion!  I'm pathetic, I can't justify my love for this song.  So that's it, I'm a sinner.

Love and Rockets,
Rodney

p.s.  a HUGE congrats to my brother Preston and his wife Lindsey, they're havin' a baby!!  I'm incredibly excited for you guys!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to be a daddy!!!! WOLF CREEK!!!! haha.

    When I opened the blog I thought I would play the song while reading but then when I went to look for it in my library I couldn't find it, then I was going to get mad at you because you were holding out on songs that you should be giving me. So I opened it on youtube and started listening while reading your blog, then the chorus came and I remembered the song...I DELETED IT!!!!! Oh freak! I thought it was a good song and I had the same dilema as you...I delete songs with swear words too (unless the song is super awesome...like you apparently haha. But most my swear songs are mostly 311 and I can't get myself to delete them.)

    When you said you don't get angry I went looking for the scene from water boy when it's a flash back and he's a little kid and he screams...for some reason it reminds me of you hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete