Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We're only here to find the love that lingers after...

Day 19 -A song from your favorite album
Coeur D'Alene - The Head and the Heart

I fell in love with these guys a little while ago after itunes recommended them after I bought an Avett Brothers cd. Since then I've been listening non stop! The cd as a whole is amazing, I can sit and listen to the whole thing from start to finish without getting tired of a single song. After I find a band I love I look them up on youtube to see if they're any good live. When I looked these guys up I found this video. HOLY CHEESE BATMAN! They blew my mind. How does a band sound this great live?! Needless to say, I HAVE to marry an indie folk guy! I couldn't date a guy if he told me he didn't like this stuff. Yeah, I'm serious... I once dated a guy who pretty much only listened to Disney music. Shoot me in the face! Luckily I know a pretty wicked awesome kid who will let me talk music with him. He even uses words like coolio and gnarly. He doesn't know it but I pretty much adore him. And this is what my life has become, I judge a guy by the music he likes. I think I'm obsessed...

Love and Rockets,
Rodney

p.s. 43 days until I'm back here...
Doing this...

3 comments:

  1. Out of all the bands that you have introduced me to lately I think these guys are my favorite. In the short time that I've had this album the plays of all the songs have added up to 99, that's pretty good...I ran my script of most played artists and they're in 32 place, beating bands like: Cage the Elephant(barely), Weezer, Amber Pacific, Jimmy Eat World, etc.

    PS: as of right now, my top 5 most played artists are:
    1. MxPx with 616 plays
    2. Thrice with 478 plays
    3. 311 with 335 plays
    4. Relient K with 311 plays (I wish 311 had 311 plays haha)
    5. Ludo with 258 plays (the concert helped get them a ton of plays)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I forgot to mention, watched the video, they are awesome live...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My top 5 most played:
    1. Alexi Murdoch with 878
    2. Greg Laswell with 449
    3. Arcade Fire with 426
    4. Joshua Radin with 394
    5. Mumford and Sons with 279

    ReplyDelete