Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I think I'm in love...

I love music!!! Most people who know me don't know how big I am into music. I play about six instruments. It's my passion. I love anything music, playing it, listening to it, creating it and last but not least, making music just flow. I can sit for hours on end manipulating a play list so each song just absolutely flows into the next. My passion for music has grown so much over the past couple of years. As I find my life spiraling out of control, I try to take control of anything. You see with my health I have no idea what my life holds, everything can change in a second. But one thing that's always constant is my music. I can take absolute control over it all. Music is the life blood of this world. It is the underlying beat to which we all walk. It's more than sounds, it's a way of life. It influences who we are, who we will become. It is the only force in the universe that can change your mood by simply hitting a note on a piano, strumming a chord on a guitar or singing the perfect lyric. Music lives in me. I fall asleep to music, I wake to music. It's constantly there through out my day. I love it. Nothing gets to me quite like music.

Well....

Love and Rockets,

Rodney

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like an older sibling of yours really influenced you in the music ways, probably an older wise brother who loved music and talked you into liking his music as a kid, then encouraged you to get better at the drums (your first musical instrument you learned to play?) so that you 2 could rock out together and feel the universe flowing through your bodacious melodies and rhythms. Man, typing all that really makes me want to jam, we need to do that again soon. I really wish we had a recording computer...

    ReplyDelete