Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Sometimes, you want to miss things...

Day 02 - Your least favorite song

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith


This is not a good song for me. Let me take you down memory lane for a bit...


It was the middle of February 2010. I was living in St. George (Mistake #2, I'll get to mistake #1 in a second). I was kinda dating this boy, let's call him Chad (Mistake #1 my friends). Chad was coming home from California for a week and decided he wanted to stop in St. George for a visit. So Friday night rolled around and I was sitting on my couch waiting for Chad to get there. He was 2 hours late. I kept getting texts from him all day about how he couldn't wait to get there, he had a surprise for me. Yeah, I was nervous out of my mind! I'd dumped him before but never in person (I'm a flake). He had told me early to plan on going to dinner cause we've never had a real date. So finally Chad gets there and we go for a walk. A walk to his truck that is. We get in and we're sitting there making small talk. About an hour of talking he decides he is hungry so we head to the local Walmart. We walk around for a while and he decides to get Lean Pockets for dinner. Yeah. I didn't eat that day. So we go back to my apartment and he makes his Lean Pockets and then we go back out to his truck to talk for a bit. He puts on some music. I start to ask him questions about what he expects out of this and I start letting him down. He gets all frustrated saying he didn't want this to happen until the next day. I say it's better it happened that night. At this point he's acting like he's all upset. He changes the song. This is where things get weird. He turns on this song. The song I remember my sister hating, the song she made me hate. He gets weird and finally says "well do you want to see it?".


Let me back up here. For Christmas he gave me a gorgeous blue diamond necklace. When I got it he said it came with a counter part....


So when he says those 7 words my stomach drops. I know exactly what "It" is. I say "well do I have a choice?" He says no and reaches behind the seat. He pulls out a plastic sack (this kid's got tact!). He digs in the bag and finally pulls out the ugliest rose I've ever seen. He says "you can have it on one condition... I keep the box." ..... "ok?". And he gives me the ring. All the while Steven Tyler is screaming the lyrics to possibly one of the creepiest songs (he has it on repeat). He goes over some bull crap of how he loves me and no matter where life takes us he'll always love me and yadda yadda yadda. He makes me put it on. It's disgusting. It's too big for my finger but he makes me keep it on while he's there. Finally I say goodnight and go inside. I find his phone in our kitchen. Big mistake Bud! He had texts to another girl about how he's single again and looking so hook him up with someone hot when he gets back. Yeah, they were a week old. In the morning I say my final good bye. I think I made it clear I didn't want to see him again, I hope his face still stings. And that's my almost engagement story.


So long Douche bag Chad.

1 comment: