Friday, April 29, 2011

My sister, My hero


Day - 04 - A song that makes you sad
Baby Mine - Amy Gileadi

This song reminds me of my nephew Logan. I was fortunate enough to be able to see him in the hospital the week before he passed. He was so adorable. I have no way to express just how much he has changed my life and the life of my family. I have the world of respect for my sister Rachel. I'll never forget sitting in the hospital room having to watch my sister and her husband say their final goodbye's to their baby. Or watching Rachel with quiet dignity as they closed the casket. Or my sweet brothers as they carried his little casket across the cemetery. Rachel is truly my idol. I don't even want to know what life would be like without her. She has always kept up her spirits. I love being able to go over to her house and just sit and talk for hours, or play games with Clint while Rachel works. This is a couple I adore and when it comes time for me to have a family of my own I just pray we are 1/100th as cute as their family!! I can't really say much on this subject cause all I do is bawl my eyes out just thinking about him, so I thought I'd attach his obituary. I love you little Logan.


Our sweet, little miracle came to earth May 26, 2008 with his two brothers, Brayden James and Conner Clinton Emery. Your time here was very short before you left your little mortal body and returned to the loving arms of Heavenly Father June 16, 2008. In the three weeks you were here with us you brought many smiles to our lives. You taught us how to love more than we ever knew our hearts could love. You will always have a special place in our hearts. You will be greatly missed by your sweet parents, Cinton Ronald and Rachel Anne Emery, and your brothers, Brayden and Conner. The family would like to express a special thanks to the doctors and nurses at Primary Children's Medical Center and Intermountain Medical Center for their loving care.
"Sleep well, little Logan, our little hero, until we can hold you in our arms again."

Love and Rockets,
Rodney

1 comment:

  1. I am bawling like a baby. So sweet. Such a horrible thing to go through - but I am sure it brought them so much closer as a family.

    ReplyDelete